This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o". Thanks for making For The Love of Glitter possible!
Hi everyone and happy Friday! Today on the blog, I am sharing some fun outdoor date ideas just in time for Summer! The casual outfit that I am wearing today would be perfect to wear to wear to wear to any outdoor date. So let’s dig right in!
- This might sound silly, but go on a field trip. Go back in time when you were younger and go to the zoo. Gavin took me to the Niabi Zoo in Coal Valley, Illinois and it was such a fun time. I actually got to feed giraffes which was pretty awesome!
- Go no a picnic. We have the cutest picnic basket that we got as a wedding gift almost two years ago and Gavin and I still haven’t used it yet. I am determined that we will use it this year. I’ll let ya know how that goes 😉
- Go on a couple’s camping trip. It would be a fun time spent outdoors and a way to test each other’s nature skills. We are going camping in a couple weeks and Gavin and I are always stuck sleeping in the tent while everyone else in the family is sleeping in RV’s with TV’s. But hey, that’s not actually camping. Sleeping in a tent is.
- Play an outdoor sport together and let him teach you the techniques/skills. Gavin played soccer in high school and I would always go and watch him play. I on the other hand participated in in cross country and track so there really isn’t anything I could teach Gavin with that.
- Play some put put golf. The last time Gavin and I did this, he kicked my ass, so it’s time for a re-match.
- Go on a walk together. I can barely get Gavin to take the dogs on a walk with me, so I will have to nag him to go on a walk with me, ha.
- Pack your bikes and go bike riding on a bike trail. Gavin and I love doing anything outdoors, so I think we would really enjoy this. Plus Gavin is doing Ragbrai (read about it here) in July so he really needs to get his but in shape for it.
- Have a photo shoot in a field of flowers. Gavin and I actually had pictures taken in a field of flowers 3 years ago for our engagement photos. It would be so fun to go back to that same place and have our pictures taken again, but Gavin is a typical man and hates having his pictures taken.
- Spend the day at a water park on a hot Summer day. If you are ever in Iowa, you need to make sure to visit the Lost Island water park in Waterloo, Iowa. It has some of the best attractions including coaster water ride, which is my favorite. Lost Island is also one of the top 10 best water parks in the U.S.
- Plant a garden together. Now this is something Gavin might actually like doing. Me on the other hand, not so much. I will say that I do love having fresh home-grown vegetables out of the garden. My mom has a garden full of yummy vegetables and that all taste so good.
What are some of your Summer date ideas? I would love to hear!
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!